MENU

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weekend Update - Trip to California

Last weekend started a little early for me.  Hopped on a plane around noon on Thursday and arrived in LA by two o'clock local time.  The sun was shining and I knew a fun weekend was planned.

Thursday evening we strolled around Santa Monica and stopped for a little happy hour at Fraiche.

Friday morning we were up early to hike the Topanga trail.  Pretty good climb up the hill.



The view at the top was worth it though.


We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Santa Monica beach.








A trip to In N Out for burgers was planned for dinner.  It was my first time and it did not disappoint!

Saturday morning we walked to the Farmers Market - super bummed that I forgot my camera.  The flowers and produce were well worth photographing.  After breakfast we headed to some beaches in Malibu.  Beautiful!!











Can you tell I was excited to be in the ocean?!

That evening we enjoyed an authentic Mexican meal at Paco's Tacos. Dessert was Pinkberry!! Afterwards we walked down to see The Groundlings comedy show. It was hilarious!!



Sunday morning I was up before the sun to catch my flight home. When I arrived in Springfield it was raining, cloudy and cool.  If you get a chance to travel to Vegas or LA, check out Allegiant Air.  I flew round trip for less than $160.  What a wonderful getaway!

1 comment :

  1. Looks like a great time! I have always wanted to take a dip in the Pacific. Pinkberry is on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete