MENU

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 4 - Moab, Utah

Another fun day in Moab. Our day started out with a quick drive to the Slick Rocks park to get on the bike trail. Things went downhill from there… I should have known it was going to be extreme after a guy in the parking lot informed us that his buddy had just competed in a race with Lance Armstrong.

The course on the Slick Rock was very pretty but much too technical for me. I spent most of the morning walking my bike up and down steep inclines and through sandy dunes. R had a great time of course!

The afternoon was spent exploring through Moab and getting in some quality time at the pool. R headed back out for more quality time on the bike.

Tomorrow morning we are rafting down the Colorado River! Looking forward to that adventure. We plan to be in Fruita, Colorado by late afternoon.

Sorry for the lack of photos. I wasn't too savvy with the bike and camera handling. More tomorrow!


*Edited to add... I found a photo R took while I was riding on the Slick Rock trail. I'm the white dot in between the bushes. It's a good thing you can't see my facial expression....



No comments :

Post a Comment