MENU

Thursday, April 22, 2010

In Good Times and Bad Times


I'm sure it's clear from my frequent postings but I'm a big fan of Dr. Laura.  Today she wrote about being a good friend. Here's a section that I really loved.
Friends - really good friends - are a rare commodity:  you have to have just the right chemistry, attitude, understanding, forgiveness, openness, kindness, and thoughtfulness.  A good friend brings all that out in you.  A good friend makes you a better person.
I’m sure we’ve irritated each other from time to time, but we’ve never had a fight about it.  Why not?  Because good friends have each other’s best interests at heart and accept each other’s quirks with humor.
The best way to have a good friend is also the best way to have a good  marriage: choose wisely, and treat kindly.
And consider yourself very fortunate if you have someone who resonates with you in this lifetime.

1 comment :