MENU

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Update - Labor Day

This was a weekend of goodbye's...

Friday night was the visitation for my boss. A sad occasion but it was great to see so many clients and former SSA employees all together.

Saturday morning we attended the funeral and burial. Also very sad but both services were very nice. R headed to the bike shop after lunch and I met a friend to walk and talk down the Galloway trail. That evening R took me out for a yummy sushi dinner at his favorite place: UMI.

Sunday we hit the road early! Got to St. Louis around noon and did some shopping at Trader Joe's before grabbing some lunch. That afternoon I shopped at West County Mall with my cousin while R watched some bike races.

Dinner was a special treat (right, Elise?). Pho Grand is an excellent Vietnamese restaurant near Tower Grove Park. Elise ordered these amazing iced coffee drinks... sweetened condensed milk at the bottom with strong rich coffee percolating on top. My entree was an incredible curry dish with scallops and coconut milk served with rice and cilantro.

Dessert was dark chocolate and a good shiraz at my Aunt's house.

Monday morning we were up bright and early. I wanted to walk in my Aunt's garden for the last time (She has lived in his home for thirty years but is moving this week). Breakfast was Aunt Mimi's famous Lost Whale Inn Pancakes. R headed downtown for more racing and I helped pack and move boxes.

Later R came back to pick me up so I could join him downtown. We watched the first stage of the Tour of Missouri and finally hit the road about 5 o'clock.

Four-day work week ahead! Then heading out of town again...
Hope you enjoyed the last official weekend of summer too.

I had lots of lovely photos to share but my camera is acting weird... more next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment