MENU

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Slow Down

Recently my husband encouraged me to start posting more original content to the blog.  So... here goes!



photo credit realsimple.com


Over the past year or so, I've been working to slow down.  Between full time jobs, exercising, home maintenance, time with friends and family, etc I feel like each week passes so quickly.  It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle without truly enjoying each day.
Here are a few things I've put into practice.
  • Waking up early to eat breakfast at home while reading a few Proverbs
  • Turning off the radio while I drive
  • Taking a walk outside without my iPod
  • Turning off the television
  • Sitting down with a book and a cup of tea (hence the lovely photo above)
You may be bored at first but give it a chance. Hope you truly enjoy your day!

1 comment :

  1. Those are all very good things to do. I often shut the televison off, drive without the radio and just try to breathe and be in the moment. It's hard while working full time and all of our other activities but so worth it. Good post!

    ReplyDelete