photo credit realsimple.comOver the past year or so, I've been working to slow down. Between full time jobs, exercising, home maintenance, time with friends and family, etc I feel like each week passes so quickly. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle without truly enjoying each day.
Here are a few things I've put into practice.
- Waking up early to eat breakfast at home while reading a few Proverbs
- Turning off the radio while I drive
- Taking a walk outside without my iPod
- Turning off the television
- Sitting down with a book and a cup of tea (hence the lovely photo above)
You may be bored at first but give it a chance. Hope you truly enjoy your day!