Need a few suggestions? I've read some great books lately. Check out my top ten list below (in no particular order).
1. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - a complex but interesting tale of an American family living in an African jungle in the 1960's.
2. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner - a classic story about life-long friendships
3. Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman - My favorite find of 2010. Dr. Fuhrman is a genius.
4. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls - A compelling memoir. Short story but extremely moving.
5. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore - Also a true story about a art dealer worth millions and how a homeless man changes his life.
6. Afternoons with Emily by Rose MacMurray - A great story involving a young woman's life and her Monday afternoons spent with Emily Dickenson.
7. Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks - a nice easy read that will inspire you to Bake!
8. A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg - a collection of family recipes. Each with a sweet story that will bring on a few tears. The author's blog (Orangette) is a great read too.
9. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - A young vet traveling with a circus during the Great Depression. A little heavy but good.
10. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - Definitely the best book of 2010. An incredible story about black women in the south during the 1960's. A must-read!!