MENU

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I'm Reading


I just finished an amazing novel, Fieldwork by Mischa Berlinski. My husband and I were recently in Crested Butte for a ski trip and we strolled into a cute little book store. I grabbed this book to read on the plane and couldn't put it down once I got home. It reminded me a bit of The Poisonwood Bible which I reviewed here.

It is set in northern Thailand with characters ranging from a young writer, a multi-cultural anthropologist and a large family of multi-generational missionaries. It is a compelling tale that combines a love of languages, family dynamics, mysterious deaths and much more.  It actually took me a long time to finish it because I had to slowly take it all of the wonderful detail. Definitely a book to be read more than once. I can't wait to read more from Berlinski.

No comments :

Post a Comment